Saturday 29 December 2012

Aftermath of Christmas

First off, Merry Christmas! Yes, yes it's late, but I've been busy.
Today I sent off a load of paperwork (and cheques) for the shop. If all goes well I should hear in a few weeks.
2012 started with such chaos for me as my son was born on the 2nd January. I had no idea what this year would bring me. On the first of January I had no son, a boring desk job and played in an unsigned acoustic duo. Now, 12 months later my son is almost 1, my band Barricades Rise (@barricadesrise) got signed to one of the biggest Indie labels in the USA and my shop has become a reality, albeit awaiting paperwork. Wow!

I have taken my foot off the gas in regards to adding books to the website www.thebigcomfybookshop.co.uk purely due to Christmas. Now it's out the way I'll be firmly flooring it.

Surprisingly I only received 4 books for Christmas. 3 cookbooks (all Jamie Oliver) and one fantastic present out of the blue from Rob Bridge at Redwood photography (@redwoodphotos). Rob took some great shots of Barricades Rise 18 months ago and of my wife, son and I this year and we've kept in touch. I received a wonderful book 'The Ultimate Small Business Marketing Book' by Dee Blick. Today I started to peruse it and soon was gripped. Thank you so much for this!

I wrote something small for the Bookshop Blog also. I started reading this website 2 years ago and I love it. Please take a few minutes to browse it.

So that's that then. I'd love to hear what was your favourite read of 2012 so tweet or Facebook me.

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment